| About the Chamber page
Grove Area Chamber of Commerce 2011-2012 Business Plan
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
- Create an Economic Development Foundation for the purpose of promoting Grove to new businesses.
- Create and maintain a business registry and database.
- Coordinate a systematic visitation and call program to enhance communication with existing businesses.
- Establish an annual business survey to acquire a comprehensive understanding of business needs.
BUSINESS TO BUSINESS COMMITTEE
- Continue the monthly Friendliest Employee Recognition Program.
- Continue the Chamber Bucks Program and expand its usage.
- Research a Chamber Bucks Incentive Program to increase community usage.
- Continue Bring it Home Campaign to educate businesses on the impact of spending locally.
- Promote Remember a Member Campaign to stimulate commerce between Chamber members.
- Conduct seminars/workshops that are focused on developing best business practices.
MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
MEMBER SERVICES COMMITTEE
- Host member events such as (Business After Hours and Legislative Breakfasts).
- Coordinate the Annual Chamber Banquet & Meeting.
- Expand the “Welcome Basket” Campaign by increasing the number of participants.
- Host bi-monthly Chamber Connection Luncheons for networking and to keep members connected with city and school officials and local events.
- Attend and promote Chamber functions including Business After Hours, Ribbon Cuttings, Chamber Connection Luncheons, Legislative Forums, Annual Banquet, etc.
- Increase the number of committed volunteers who facilitate Chamber events and serve on committees
- Recognize the Ambassador of the Year in the Chamber newsletter and at the Annual Banquet.
- Plan and conduct a Membership Drive with a goal of adding new businesses and individuals to our membership.
- Continue the Buddy System to encourage new members to participate in Chamber activities.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
- Continue to implement an active government relations plan.
- Create an effective lobbying program on the city, county, state, and federal levels.
COMMUNITY ENHANCEMENT COMMITTEE
- Develop a Community Enhancement Recognition Program for member businesses that advance the beautification of the community.
- Develop a Pro-Business Legislative Agenda to be adopted by the Board of Directors thereby enabling the Chamber to answer Calls to Action on issues affecting businesses on the local, county, state, and federal levels.
- Continue to support the Water Quality Board.
- Host quarterly Legislative Symposiums for city, county, state, and federal officials to educate
- Chamber members as well as the community at large, about matters of interest and pertinence.
- Host Candidate Forums during election campaigns to educate Chamber members as well as the community at large about their respective ideas and positions.
- Expand awareness and utilization of the nonpartisan Prosperity Project to help Chamber members and their employees to “vote smart” on issues and candidates impacting the growth and development of Oklahoma’s economy.
- Visit our elected officials at the Oklahoma State Capital, as a board during the legislative session, to discuss Grove’s priorities and issues as they pertain to pending legislation.
- Continue to support and promote Phase II of the Downtown Revitalization Project.
- Continue to facilitate the Leadership Development Program.
- Host Leadership Grove Class VIII, beginning fall 2011.
- Identify qualified volunteers to execute the GACC 2011-2012 Business Plan.
- Increase profitability and participation of GACC Special Events.
- Increase awareness by Chamber members of the benefits they receive as a result of participation in GACC programs and activities.
- Increase citizen awareness of GACC’s impact on developing the local economy and enhancing the quality of life for its residents.
- Develop a revitalized marketing program to promote GACC.
- Continue to coordinate the publication and distribution of the annual Visitors’ Guide.
- Oversee the on-going development and maintenance of the Chamber’s website.
- Create new web marketing opportunities for the Chamber membership.
- Develop the GACC Annual Budget.
- Plan and host an annual fall community festival to attract visitors to Grove and serve as a GACC fund raising event.
CHAMBER GOLF TOURNAMENT
- Host the annual GACC Golf Tournament fund raising event.
HOME AND GARDEN SHOW
- Host the annual Home and Garden Show to be held in February.
CREATIVE FUND RAISING
- Research and implement a contest or promotion to raise additional funding for GACC operating capital.
The Chairman of the Board and Executive Committee of the Chamber may organize special task forces and committees to meet specific needs in 2011-2012.
Learn the basics of genealogy
American Heritage Music Festival
For further information contact Grand Lake Festivals…
The Elijah Factor
Picture In Scripture Amphitheater
June 21-22-28-29 (Friday…
4th July Fireworks
City of Grove Fireworks
July 3, 2013